Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Race to Nowhere to be shown again Dec. 20

The thought-provoking film Race to Nowhere, which was screened for Ridgewood parents and high school faculty last week, will be shown one more time in Ridgewood, thanks to financial support by the RHS Home & School Association.

Monday December 20 @ 7:00 PM
Ridgewood Public Library Auditorium

All are welcome.

I saw the movie at RHS last week. It was eye-opening, reaffirming, depressing, enlightening, and empowering. For me, anyway. I'll write some more thoughts later.

But for now, if you missed the showing last week, I encourage parents (of any age children) to take some time on Monday night to watch at the Library. And I'd be interested to hear what you think.

No comments: