Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Friday, March 18, 2011

Back in town.

Just got back from six days effectively cut-off from civilization. OK, that's a bit dramatic. My daughter, who is a senior in college, took me on a short cruise for her Spring Break. How could I resist -- when your 21 year old wants to spend time with you instead of at some crazy spring break destination, and she's paying, I think you have to say "yes!" So while I was certainly in a civilized and oh-so-relaxing environment, I was completely cut-off from email, blogs, text messages, twitter, Facebook...everything! It was unnerving...and kinda great.

But now I'm back and trying to get back into gear. Hope to post some notes this weekend...about fields and floods, elections and budgets...there's a lot going on!

No comments: