Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

State aid figures released: Ridgewood's increase is $0 (hey, at least it's not a reduction!)

The state aid figures are out and (unless I'm missing something) it appears that Ridgewood will receive the same amount of aid from the state as last year -- $2,985,477. (The numbers announced today do not include Debt Service, Pre-School Aid or Extraordinary Aid.)

Click here to see the announcement on the Department of Education website. Click on "Search for District" and then search for Ridgewood (or check out other districts, if you're interested...I wonder where are those "increases" Governor Corzine mentioned yesterday...)

No comments: