Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Sunday, February 15, 2009

NJ Commissioner of Education will speak...

The Leonia Public Schools invites the public to a "conversation" with Lucille Davy, New Jersey Commissioner of Education, on February 25 at 7:30 p.m. Apparently Ms. Davy will attempt to speak about educating our children -- and funding our schools -- during these economic times. Based on things I've heard her say and the regulations coming out of her office, I'm not sure Ms. Davy has a sense of reality here in Ridgewood, but I encourage you to seek her out yourself and see what she has to say, perhaps even question her directly. For more information and directions, click here or call 201-302-5200.

No comments: