Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to school Night!

As I've mentioned before, I love Back to School Night! Tonight is Ridgewood High School's...another chance to meet the teachers (somehow Pete has managed to have almost NONE of the teachers his sister had), get lost in the maze-like building, get crushed at "the intersection," find out what the teachers' expectations are, debunk some of the myths that sophomores and others try to perpetuate, and see some friends.

See you there!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Back to School Night was great! Thanks to all the helpful student volunteers who were able to point people in the right direction, no matter how far away from our intended destination. We only sat down in the wrong classroom once! (Hey, the teachers traded rooms, not our fault!)

The place was packed -- I love how many parents come out.

One new thing I learned about the high school -- I had no idea in the back of the architecture classroom there are saws and all kinds of "woodshop" equipment. Very cool!