Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Schools' Toughest Test: Cooking

Interesting story in today's NY Times about efforts to serve "real" food in New York City schools. And by "real," the article means food cooked from scratch, with fresh ingredients, and that doesn't rhyme with "ackaroni and ease" or "rench ries."

I wish we could do more of this in Ridgewood, but most of our schools don't have kitchens and all our lunches are provided by the Pomptonian Food Service. Our lunches are not terrible, but...I do believe there is MUCH that could be done to improve school lunches and I'm just sorry I don't have time to spend on this issue right now...still, wanted to share this article.

Click here for NY Times story.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: