Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Monday, February 28, 2011

Solar power on the agenda tonight.

I forgot to mention in my previous post regarding tonight's agenda, that the Board will be hearing a presentation about a solar power program for our schools. We've been discussing the plan in the Facilities Committee for several months, so I'm looking forward to a conversation with the full Board and with the public. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before you waste any more time Laurie, re-read the last Ridgewood News. People in Ridgewood talk green, but when they start installing solar panels, eh...

Laurie said...

The proposal discussed at Monday's BOE meeting involves another company putting solar panels on our school roofs and then selling us power, at a lower rate than we pay PSE&G. There would be no cash out of our pocket. No right-of-way issues as with the Village's light poles. I'll write more about the proposal soon, hopefully later tonight.