Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, June 9, 2011

'Neon Safari' -- no idea what it means, but it sounds like a good time for Ridgewood teens.

Tomorrow night (Friday, June 10), the Ridgewood Guild and the recently formed Junior Guild will host their first teen dance under the stars at Van Neste Square from 8:30 to11:00 PM. Admission for RHS students is $5.00. The "buzz" that I've heard is that Ridgewood teens are looking forward to the dance. I hope the rain stays away -- I'm not sure if there is a rain plan or alternate rain date.

According to an email sent to RHS parents, "It is the goal of the Ridgewood Guild and Junior Guild to bring teens to downtown Ridgewood for safe and substance-free weekend events. Guild events are not school-sponsored and therefore are dependent on community volunteers and hired off-duty policers to insure the safety of the attendees."

Parent chaperones are needed. Please contact David Zrike if you are able to assist: dzrike@zrike.com

The theme of the dance is "Neon Safari." Your guess is as good as mine as to what that means...makes me feel old and out of touch. But when I asked my 17-year-old son, he said "It doesn't mean anything, Mom, it's just a dance."

No comments: