Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

White dresses and red roses.

The Ridgewood High School Class of 2011 graduates tomorrow and once again I got choked up seeing the Stadium Field set-up for the occasion. I truly have never seen a graduation ceremony anywhere that's as beautiful as Ridgewood's. The white dresses, the white dinner jackets, the red roses...such a great tradition!

Graduation starts at 5:00 tomorrow. I'm sad that I won't have the honor and privilege of walking with the graduates as part of the Board of Education. I did love that part of the job -- the view of the ceremony is great from the dais. Instead, tomorrow at 5:00 I'll be at BF Middle School heading up the Project Graduation "watch dogs" -- parents of the RHS class of 2012 who are keeping an eye on the BF party decorations while the parents who created the scene are watching their children receive their diplomas. I also have the important job of sending the buses to RHS to pick up the kids and take them to the first stage of Project Graduation, the Dinner Dance at the "secret, undisclosed location," (where the Dinner Dance has been held for at least the last 30 years...ssshhhh!).

Graduation is a great day in Ridgewood. Congratulations, Class of 2011!

No comments: