Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reminder: 2nd Conversation with Dr. Fishbein. Get your budget questions answered!

Yesterday I attended a conversation with Dr. Fishbein and over 40 parents who came to learn about our budget -- specifically, how it works and how we got to the place where we are today, with a $2.5 million deficit and painful cuts. (Scroll down or click here to read my original post/invitation.) It was one of the most informative sessions I've attended all year. Dr. Fishbein clearly explained the ins and outs of school funding, and then he took 40 minutes or so of questions about funding and about the decision process for coming up with the 09/10 budget. If you'd like to learn more, I strongly urge you to attend a repeat session this Thursday night at 7:00 p.m., 3rd floor of the Ed Center.

No comments: