Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What the...?

Fort Lee educators altered students' transcripts
Guidance counselors or administrators at Fort Lee High School have changed or deleted grades on students’ transcripts to help them get into “very selective” colleges and universities, schools Superintendent Raymond Bandlow said today.

[article continues...]

wait, wait, here's my favorite quote:

“I think it’s done not with a malicious intent but to help the student be admitted to a selective college,” [Superintendent Bandlow] said.

Oh....I feel so much better now!

The college mania is so out of control.

Read the full article by clicking here.

No comments: