Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

New tower clock at RHS!


For years, dropping off my daughter and then my son on Brookside, I would turn to pass RHS and look up at the clock in the tower...the clock whose time never changed...and now, I'm excited to see that the clock has been repaired! (Or, more accurately, replaced.) The original clock was made of wood and, as you can imagine, was rotting and not really salvageable after all those years in the elements. The new clock looks great!

There is so much site work being done at the high school. Stairs, railing, sidewalks, the arched entrance at Heermance which was a gift from the Class of 1923...all being repaired, made more safe and more secure. Glad the rain has stopped and it looks clear for the next week-plus (knock wood). This will help them get everything done in time for school to start.

No comments: