Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ridgewood schools provide foundation for indie rock bands

Really cool story on the NPR "The Record" website yesterday. The story is first in a series that looks at various places around the country and explores why music scenes grow where they do. Apparently, there are several indie bands with members who came up through the Ridgewood schools and who credit their early music education in our schools with giving them a jump on creating music. I'll be honest -- I have not heard of the bands and I feel a little older now because of it. Check out the full story by clicking here.

No comments: