At a recent meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved goals for the 2010-11 school year. These goals were developed during our Board Retreat on August 30, and discussed and refined in subsequent meetings. (Goals are followed by specific action plan items in italics.)
1. Meet identified student achievement goals at each school.
a. Develop school-based student achievement goals and action plans and monitor implementation.
b. Survey other districts regarding gifted and talented programs.
2. Implement new online student information tools for families, staff and students.
a. Develop formal plan with timeline expectations for implementation of entire system.
b. Develop plan to integrate and/or discontinue current redundant software.
3. Realign and maintain professional development opportunities across the district.
a. Align with school goals and action plans.
b. Investigate consortia for professional development.
4. Manage and complete referendum building projects within budget.
1. Conduct a community planning process.
a. Involve community.
b. Develop administrator's action plans.
2. Advocate regarding specific educational issues affecting Ridgewood on a state level.
a. Involve the community in this effort.
3. Negotiate in good faith with the REA by evaluating, among other things, the financial and educational effect on the district of any potential contract settlements.
4. Focus on timely communication with the public as we evaluate the current financial planning process.
Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: email@example.com