Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A mom's letter to her daughter contains vital advice.

There's a blog post written by a Branchville, NJ mom named Vicky Bell that went viral last week, and is being eagerly read, copied and emailed by worried parents all over the country.

Part of Vicky Bell's message to her daughter goes like this:

You may or may not have heard about the NJ college student who killed himself last week because his room-mate had posted videotape of him having sex with another guy. A terrible, senseless tragedy.

My mommy job requires that I remind you of two essential things:
One:
Nothing ruins your life forever. NOTHING.
Two:
Nothing ruins your life forever. NOTHING.


The blog post/letter goes on to reinforce that message and give guidance and hope, should her child ever find herself feeling desperate, for any reason, large or small. Read the entire message by clicking here.

It's written so well, I copied and sent the message to my own kids. Just wanted to share it here, in case you are looking for a way to try and make sure your children understand.

No comments: