Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ridgewood election results.

Unofficial results for today's Ridgewood school election (official results will include yet-to-be-counted absentee ballots):

BUDGET
YES 1788
NO 1406

BOARD
Clark 496
Krauss 1697
Goodman 1472
Brogan 1607

Thank you, Ridgewood, for allowing me to work for our children and schools for these past three years. It has been my pleasure every single day.

Thank you for passing the 2011-12 budget and for supporting our schools.

I'm sort of speechless (sort of haha) and a little heartbroken at this moment. I loved this job more than anything I've ever done. But I'm a glass-half-full person, so I'm looking forward to having some time for my family. I'll still be blogging about schools and education....I doubt I'll sit quietly on the sidelines for long. We shall see what happens next...

6 comments:

rpnorton said...

Oh Laurie - I'm so sorry. I know you took this job very seriously and gave it your all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service....and that was a very classy concession. I look forward to your future blogs.

Laurie W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick Allin said...

Hopefully you can use this opportunity to draw from your experience over the last three years to provide critical analysis of the Ridgewood schools and the national education climate.

While an election can be determined as much by the mood of the day, thank you for your dedication over the past three years!

Anonymous said...

Laurie - would you do anything differently if you had the chance...?

Laurie said...

@7:42, that is a very good questions,and I intend to answer it. Just not right this minute. Give me a little time to think about and I'll post something.