Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Monday, April 25, 2011

Watch RHS Girls’ Lacrosse beat Yorktown on Cablevision.

The RHS girls’ lacrosse team had a great game vs. Yorktown on Saturday, winning 19-13 at RHS Stadium. It was/is the only girls’ lax game to be broadcast live in the tri-state area on Cablevision, and they will be replaying it on CableVision IO TV Channels 14 and 614: tomorrow, Wednesday 4/27, at 3:00 p.m.

Apparently the half time presentation includes some overview of RHS, an interview with Principal Jack Lorenz, and more.

If I had Cablevision, I’d love to watch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie - you are so out of touch...60% of the town is against turf and 90% are offended by lights.

How can you not know this....?

Anonymous said...

Pandering to the Lacrosse parents.

Laurie said...

Sorry you think that, but no. I didn't even think of that cynical perception. I just wanted to tell people that they could watch the game and it was on today. State championship is a real achievement and those girls should be celebrated. Personally, I was mostly interested in the halftime story, which I was told talked about the school overall including the arts, academics, etc.