Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Sunday, February 21, 2010

DEP Hearing on Fields Projects March 15

The hearing with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection regarding the field projects at RHS will be March 15, prior to the Board of Ed's regular meeting. As I understand it, the purpose of the meeting -- which is routinely called by the DEP -- is to give members of the public the opportunity to express their opinions -- pro or con -- on the projects, including the turf fields at the stadium and Stevens fields, and also the bleacher replacement.

I don't have the exact time of the hearing yet, or any details on the format. My guess is that anyone who wishes to speak will simply come to the microphone, state name/address, and give a three-minute or so statement. I'll post more details when I have them.

No comments: