Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rest in peace, Annie Z.

It's hard to deal with any loss, on some level, but the death of someone vital and engaged and always "there" is breathtaking, not in a "wow, look at the sunset" way, but in an actual catch of your breath, a sharp reminder of our own swift mortality.

Anne Zusy, who passed away on Thursday after a rapid descent at the hands of cancer, was a passionate community member, caring neighbor, energetic parent and a friend to many (including me). Over the years, I admired her tenacity and appreciated her commitment. I also got frustrated by what I teasingly called her "over-speaking," and laughed (sometimes jealously) at her candor in public.

Annie's passing is a real loss to the Ridgewood community. May she rest in peace.

Wake: Feeney Funeral Home, Monday 5:00-9:00 PM
Service: West Side Presbyterian Church, Tuesday 11:00 AM

No comments: