Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

The 'Math Meeting' was tonight...any feedback?

I was not able to attend the math meeting tonight. (FYI, too much work and I'm leaving tomorrow for the NJ School Boards Association Workshop). How did it go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised how many people came to the math meeting. On the one hand 60 or 70 (estimated) people does not seem like a lot when we have 5500 students in the district, but then again, getting 60 or 70 parents to show up to a night meeting is actually a good turnout. I thought it went pretty well. It was civil. People gave their opinions and the board of ed members or administrators wrote them down. It was good. There was a range of opinions.

Anonymous said...

The math meeting was a joke. What's the point? It's obvious the school district has already decided what they want to do, and all this is just a sham to make it look like they care about parent input.

Anonymous said...

I disagree 10:29...there was a time not that long ago when the district would not even have had a public meeting to get opinions on math. Why not take them at their word and since they asked what we think, it's our responsibility if we really care about the math, to tell them.