Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Candidates' Education Positions and...FREE COFFEE!

So here was my path tonight...I clicked on the "I Support Strong American Schools" box on this blog (look right), feeling a little bummed that the candidates never really did talk much about education (regardless of my "ED in 08" buttons, oh well)...then I saw a link to a Wall Street Journal article comparing the candidates on several education issues. It is a nice clear comparison which you can read here and will probably not sway your vote tomorrow but might make you feel even better about what you're going to do. Here is the link to the article CLICK HERE.

But wait! As I was reading that I got distracted by some truly groundbreaking news: Starbucks is giving away FREE COFFEE on election day! Woohoo! They started out promising a free tall coffee to anyone who votes, but then I guess they got a little worried about breaking election laws, so anyone who shows up at Starbucks on Election Day can have a free tall coffee, regardless of whether they vote or not (but, please oh please, VOTE!).

Have a good one!

No comments: