Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Communications Open Forum March 3

As I'm sure you heard during last night's Board of Ed meeting, I announced the Board's planned Communications Open Forum, which is scheduled for Tuesday night, March 3 at 7:30 in the Ed Center (3rd Floor). The Communications Committee, of which I'm a member, along with Joseph Vallerini, is planning this evening to be an open conversation and discussion about district communications. We would like to invite the public -- parents, non-parent taxpayers, business people, etc. -- to come and speak about how we communicate. What are we doing well, that we should continue? What could we do better? What forms of communication do people prefer? How can we improve communications to the district? Stuff like that. Then, following the meeting, we will come up with a list of "action items," based on what the discussion brings up.

I really hope you will attend. Please mark your calendar. More info will be forthcoming as the date approaches. Any questions or comments, feel free to post them here or email me at lauriegood@mac.com.

No comments: