Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creative teacher fundraising...

Somehow I missed this story last month. A teacher near San Diego started selling "ad space" on the bottom of his tests, in order to raise money to buy more paper for his tests and handouts. Most of the ads are "inspirational messages" from parents (like "good luck on the test," I presume), but some of them are from local businesses. What I find especially interesting is how much positive feedback he seems to have gotten. I just think it's a little odd...

Click here to read the original article in USA Today.

No comments: