Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My mistake on public comments

I just discovered that I was not up-to-date when I wrote about public comments and Board of Education meetings. As of April 21, 2008, school boards ARE required by law to allow some form of public comment at board meetings. (A-690 signed 4/21/08) Previously public comments were not mandatory. When I wrote my post, I had been relying on notes I took at my first school board members' training session (I go back to that binder fairly regularly), and perhaps that presenter was not up on the latest regulations. Because right there in the handout it says "public comment is recommended, but not required."

Anyway, just wanted to make that correction. Have a great day.

No comments: