Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Friday, March 12, 2010

Dad's Night is here again...

This weekend Dad's Night will present its shows for the 66th consecutive year. Thank you to all the Somerville and Hawes Dads who make this show the amazing, special, successful, fun, lucrative, heartwarming and entertaining show that it has been since 1944! My husband "graduated" from Dad's Night in 2005 and I miss those days...there is nothing like an auditorium full of kids seeing their Dads singing and dancing in various crazy costumes and -- more often than not -- women's dresses.

Sure, back then I complained a little bit about the Thursday night "meetings," the last-minute costume construction (do you know how hard it is to find pink ballet slippers in Men's size 11?), watching TWO performances of a show that lasted for hours...but I never complained about the friendships, the parties, the Dads' relationships, and the money raised! And now I truly look back fondly on all that stuff -- the good, the bad, the ugly and the dressed-in-a-wig-and-skirt.

A big thank you to the Dads of Somerville and Hawes. Have a great time this weekend!

No comments: