Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Great Schools

What a coincidence! I had made a note to myself that I wanted to tell you about two cool websites on education. The first was ED in 08, which I told you about in my previous post. The second site is Great Schools. www.greatschools.net. It's a site I ran across a few months ago and visit now and then. Little did I know till just now - Great Schools has actually teamed up with ED in 08 to turn up the volume on the topic of Education during this national election year. Very, very cool.

GreatSchools is a national, independent nonprofit organization committed to helping parents choose schools, support their children's education and improve schools in their community. It's a good resource and I especially like the community aspect. You can read and chat with parents like you, share concerns and ideas for improving schools, learn about what other schools and communities are doing... next time you have a few minutes online, check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on this--a really great website!