Welcome!

Welcome to Laurie Goodman's blog. I use this space to share news and opinions about education and schools in Ridgewood, the state of New Jersey and the nation, in addition to other issues I'm personally interested in. I invite you to share your thoughts, feelings, questions or opinions, too, by posting comments on any blog entry. Please observe basic courtesy -- keep your comments focused on issues, no personal attacks or bullying, please. Contact me directly at: lauriegood@mac.com

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Assistant Principals at BF

The other night at the Board of Ed meeting, we approved the hiring of two new assistant principals at BF. Mr. Greg Wu and Ms. Shauna Stovall will be the new assistant principals. They are replacing Dr. Lorna Oates-Santos and Dr. Cary Bell. Dr. Santos is leaving to become the new principal at Somerville School. Dr. Bell will be retiring (but first he will cover Somerville for three months while Dr. Santos is on maternity leave).

Mr. Wu has been a teacher at RHS, he was a grade administrator at RHS and he has been principal of Ridgewood Summer School. Ms. Stovall has been a teacher at Travell for five years.

I'm so glad we were able to find the two best candidates for BF within the District. I welcome them to their new positions and trust that the BF community will do so as well.

On a similar note, Monday morning the orientation for new teachers in the district began. I was there for the beginning of the session and I loved seeing all the new teachers. (They are undoubtedly experienced teachers, but new to the district!). There was a great positive energy in the room.

As much as I hate summer coming to an end, I'm excited for the new school year!

Got to go now and check out the cupola installation! If you stop by to watch, be sure to stay well away, over on Ridgewood Ave or on the track (enter from Stevens). The crane they're using is enormous.

No comments: